måndag 21 november 2011

Battle #857 against Circle..

Yup, we fought it out again.

Decided first to make it to 35p, but my friend wanted to try out his new models so we pushed it to 45p instead.
Sadly, no pictures were taken for a few reasons (he had a lot of unpainted models, his daughter wanted a lot of attention, and we were both very very tired).

I needed to use my TFG with UA so the army was based around that, with pSeverius as the Warcaster.
I also had, Bastions, the Avatar, Reckoner, Wracks, Blessing of Vengeance and the Paladinsquad of doom.
We (I) wanted to try out one of the other scenarios, turned out it was pretty much to my advantage, but I swear that was not my intention.

Thoughts from the aftermath:
- TFG + Defenders Ward = a very good frontline / tarpit. A full unit stood their ground against Feastlord, Argus and their defensive stats kept my opponent from even trying to hit them with his Reeve-solo, a full unit of Druids and a Gorax. They successfully camped an objective for three turns without it even getting close to be contested.
- Paladinsquad of doom (Vilmon + 2 Paladins) is crazy good it seems, especially when fielded together. Running up and parking one on one objective won me that one, even while getting attacked by Wolf Riders, the Reeve-solo and the chap leading the summoning stones.
- Blessing of Vengeance: Didn't bring anything extra to the table, sadly. A missed arc'ed immolation was all it was used for.
- pSevvy is great with all his buffs. incredibly satisfying to play with, a powerful backfield caster with an arc node is just silly.
- Bastions survived the slaughter of a full unit of Wolves of Orboros + UA and the onslaught of the Ninja Wolf (Stalker I think it's called) for three turns, enough to hold their objective.
- Avatar is intimidating, and very hard to get rid off. :)

Oh.. and I won. 9 control points in 4 rounds (I had all three points for 3 rounds, while my opponent had 0 points for 4 rounds).
Menoth is pretty powerful in the defensive game with the buffs and elite infantry. :)

Go Menoth!

(Next time I promised to use my Skorne. Just gotta finish painting them...)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar