måndag 5 september 2011

Terrain time: Ruins of SvFF

First off, apologies for the crappy pic-quality, I took the shots with my iPhone3gs in bad lighting.

So, I'm currently working on a few wall sections, but got sidetracked when I found a bunch of old 40k ruins (from 3rd edition I think) and decided to make a small ruined building.

I found a few 40k bits to use, and clipped and snapped a few sprue pieces and glued a bunch of small rocks to the base as well.
I found one of the brass sprues with leaves and small branches from the Fantasy Basing Kit and glued them to the side of one of the corner pillars.

At first, I thought I would just turn this into a generic ruin, but after todays totally idiotic decision from the swedish football association (SvFF) I changed one small thing during the painting process.
































I sprayed it black, gave it a drybrush with Citadel Foundation Adeptus Battlegrey, a lighter wash of Codex Grey, and for the floor tiles I used a mix between the old Citadel Brown Wash and Scorched Brown, with a drybrush with Bestial Brown, and after that a Devlan Mud wash.

The point was to make it feel abandoned and starting to get overgrown, and I think it turned out good. :)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar